Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, October 14, 2007

I'm Showing You My Sarnie!

Does that sound dirty?

Anyway.. a new friend of mine who is also a new Daring Baker member is hosting her very first foodie event! Marie of A Year at Oak Cottage is in need of laying her eyes on some sammiches!

Well, being a sammie lover from way back - and because I recently drooled all over Kelly's Panini - Sorry Kel, here's a roll of paper towels. ;) I decided that I needed to make a chicken panini and I needed to blog about it for Marie's event!

Although she might not be the prettiest Panini to look at (I'm highly disappointed in my The Griddler - it does not evenly smoosh the sandwich!), she was quite delish! I didn't have heirloom tomatoes or pesto in the house, so I had to make due with what I had - Grilled Chicken and Salami with Sun-dried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Mayo.

Panini

As you can see, I also added sweet onion and Fontina cheese - it's the melty-est!

Both Hubbs and I enjoyed this very much with a side salad.. although freshly made onion rings would have been delightful as well. ;)

There really is no recipe - other than the Mayo (always Hellmanns - never that squicky sweet Miracle Whip crap), which I just added chopped Sun-dried tomatoes, minced roasted garlic and a lil fresh chopped basil to. Easy, eh?

Panini Being Made Panini Being Made
Panini being made Panini being made
Panini bein' smooshed

Ohh I forgot to add one very important step - I marinated the chicken breasts for 4 hours in Wishbone Robusto Italian Dressing - it really makes a difference!

Panini

Okay so are you going to show us your sarnie? I think you should! Thanks for hosting a great event, Marie!!

xoxo

Labels: ,

Comments on "I'm Showing You My Sarnie!"

 

Blogger Marie Rayner said ... (10/14/2007 10:27 AM) : 

That is one very delicious looking Sarnie! A very welcome addition to the Show Me Your Sarnie event! Thanks so much for all the help you have givenme thus far and also for participating with this lucious looking temptation! I'm going to dust off my grill just so I can try this one!

 

Blogger Brilynn said ... (10/14/2007 11:12 AM) : 

That definitely has me wanting to break out the panini press and get to work! Expect a copycat post soon...

 

Blogger Cynthia said ... (10/14/2007 11:36 AM) : 

Totally drool-worthy!

 

Blogger Peabody said ... (10/14/2007 2:48 PM) : 

Looks gooey and good. I love my cuisinart Griddler, how interesting that you don't like yours.

 

Blogger Katie Zeller said ... (10/14/2007 3:36 PM) : 

I love sandwiches - that one looks really great....al that lovely cheese. I had a meatloaf sandwich for lunch - probably not picture or post worthy, but with homemade dill pickles it was damn good!

 

Blogger KJ said ... (10/14/2007 5:47 PM) : 

Looks terrific. You can't beat melty cheese.

 

Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said ... (10/14/2007 6:51 PM) : 

Gosh I need to dust off my panini grill. Last year I was using it several times a week.
Love the chicken and cheese. I've used that same dressing for marinating chicken.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/14/2007 7:57 PM) : 

Ooooooooooh ... you're a dirty ... bad ... girl! Now bring me one of those sandwiches!

 

Blogger Belinda said ... (10/15/2007 12:45 AM) : 

Lisa...if anyone ever made a 100% convincing argument that a panini press is a kitchen requirement, then that would have to be you! Good grief, these sandwiches look super duper fabulous...I don't know what you are talking about when you say they didn't turn out perfectly pretty...'cause they SO did! And I can only imagine the perfect taste. :-)

 

Blogger Helene said ... (10/15/2007 1:50 AM) : 

Love the sandwich...will you make it again for me in a few days? I love my Griddler and there is an easy trick to get flat smooshed even sandwiches: when the lid is up, put your hand on the top edge and push down, the hinges will snap allowing the top to come down parallel to the griddle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/15/2007 11:32 AM) : 

I don't have a griddler, but after seeing this delicious number, I am sold!

 

Blogger Cheryl said ... (10/15/2007 12:08 PM) : 

You have been showing us your sarnies for years :)

Wow, you need to put a warning next to this sandwich to not look at it if you haven't eaten your lunch yet. My desk is covered in drool.

 

Blogger Patricia Scarpin said ... (10/15/2007 1:20 PM) : 

Wow, this is a delicious sandwich, Lis!!!

 

Blogger Kelly-Jane said ... (10/15/2007 2:26 PM) : 

Lovely! I'm feeling a tad guilty here, leaving my poor panini maker in it's box for months... :)

 

Blogger Lis said ... (10/15/2007 5:01 PM) : 

Marie - My pleasure! Thanks for hosting this event, sweetie =)

Bril - I can't wait!

Cynthia - Why thank you ma'am =)

Gracie - Maybe I'm not using it right? You're about the 3rd person who has told me they love theirs.

Katiez- Oh man that meatloaf & pickle sammie sounds WONDERFUL!

kj - I would have to agree. :D

Tanna - Isn't it a great lil marinade for chicken? I love it.. but I hate it on salads.. go figure. hehe

Ivonne - Ohhh yeah, baby! Oh yeah!

Belinda - You are just so darned sweet! Thank you! xoxo

Helene - you'll have to show me when you get here. squeeeeeee!!

Sis - well I'm in the minority - everyone else loves theirs so it could very well be a must buy. :D

Cheryl - HAR! Sorry.. next time.

Patricia! You sweet thang ;) Thanks!

Kelly-Jane - you've got time to whip something up with for Marie's event! ;)

xoxo

 

Blogger marias23 said ... (10/16/2007 5:27 PM) : 

Whoa, that looks so delicious I almost ate my computer screen. Haha! I'm such a weirdo.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (10/16/2007 6:12 PM) : 

The Griddler?????? That might be the dorkiest appliance name evah! I hate my george foreman grill as a grill, but as a sandwich press it is AWESOME.

 

Blogger kellypea said ... (10/16/2007 6:39 PM) : 

Thanks for the paper towels, Lis. I could us 'em to clean my keyboard and to wipe off my tongue after you mentioned Miracle Whip. Yuck. Who thought of that stuff?

Delectable looking photo of that cheese oozing out all over the place. I love oozing cheese...

 

Blogger Half Baked said ... (10/16/2007 11:03 PM) : 

Yum!! I want a bite! melty googey goodness:)

 

Blogger Brittany said ... (10/17/2007 8:21 PM) : 

Thanks for showing me your delicious sarnie....heh heh. That does sound kinda dirty.
I love me a good grilled sammich.

 

Blogger Elle said ... (10/17/2007 9:55 PM) : 

Oooh that last photo with the melty cheese ooozing out has me drooling Lis. An old fashioned waffle iron that has reversible plates so you can put the flat side out is just the best for grilled sandwiches...always evenly flattened...unless you prefer the grill marks...oh well.

 

post a comment