Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Blog of the Week November 19, 2006

This week's review is a blog that's dear to my heart. I don't know the author very well, as I have just discovered her through my most favorite Cream Puff in alla world, back during the Festa. But her site is of the most comforting types of reads for me as she is a lovely Italian gal who can cook up a storm! I don't care what it is that she's featuring on her blog, it's always mouth wateringly wonderful and her stories behind her dishes bring me so many memories of my Dad and his side of the family. Her name is Orchidea and her blog is Viaggi & Sapori.

Orchidea is originally from Italy but now lives in Sweden. Her cooking is definitely Italian and most times quite original in the way she uses her ingredients. I love not knowing, each time I click on her blog on my favorites list, if I'll be reading about a tried and true dish that has been brought to the states and is popular with us Yanks or if she'll create something that I'd never think of making myself. Only because I'd never heard of the dish.

I am equally proud of my Mother's Irish/German/English/Hillbilly heritage, but when it comes to the food and traditions and way of life, it's my Father's Italian side I find so enthralling. Quite possibly, as our family restaurant was Italian and my Father taught my Mother so many traditional recipes that he had learned from his Mother and so that is mostly what my Mom cooked for us outside of the restaurant as well.

So when I find these authentic blogs such as Viaggi & Sapori, as well as Lucullian Delights AND my sweet Cream Puff, I get so very happy! Reading about these gals' cultural experiences, their family traditions and drooling seriously over their food brings such pleasure to me.

But hey.. you do not have to be of Italian descent to enjoy these blogs. Heck no. You will take away so much from Orchidea's teachings and stories that you, too, will be quite happy after reading what she's got to say.

I urge you to check out Viaggi & Sapori if you haven't yet.. Methinks you'll enjoy it very much =)

xoxo

Labels:

Comments on "Blog of the Week November 19, 2006"

 

Blogger Kalyn Denny said ... (11/19/2006 10:25 AM) : 

I do agree, all the blogs you've mentioned here are consistently good and interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/19/2006 11:27 PM) : 

Awww ... I'm so glad that you found Orchidea and like her blog! Clearly we Italian gals rule!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/20/2006 10:11 AM) : 

Thanks a lot for all the nice and sweet things you said about me. I am so glad that you like my blog, I certanley like yours very much.
Ciao.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (11/20/2006 11:05 AM) : 

Kayln, thanks! I've so many more to go.. :D

Ivonne - That we do! haha

Orchidea - Aww I do like your blog, very much. I look forward to reading often. =)

 

post a comment