Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Blog of the Week October 29, 2006

I have no idea how I found Michelle, but I couldn't be happier that I did. Her Je Mange la Ville blog is an outstanding read and an amazing place to find mouth watering photos and recipes.

Michelle and her boyfriend, jwa, live in Portland, Oregon and she started her blog to document their visits to a long list of restuarants in their area. She also wanted to share her adventures in the kitchen and although I dig the restaurant reviews, it's for those adventures in her kitchen that keeps me coming back for more. Dear God does this woman know how to cook. Every single recipe she shares is a recipe that I can not wait to try myself. For example, tonight I am going to attempt her Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Jus. *swoon* Just recently she posted her entry for this month's SHF with mini grapefruit cakes. Grapefruit cakes! I have never heard of such a cake and I am so ticked off that she's practically on the other side of the planet from me, preventing me from tasting RIGHT NOW! Delving into her archives I've drooled heavily over her Buckwheat Galettes with Ham and Gruyere, Chicken, Apple and Gorgonzola Strudel not to mention her, Double Chocolate Orange Tart with Amaretto Whipped Cream!

The two things I love most about this blog (aside from her style of writing that I seem to relate to so well), is that Michelle seems to always cook dishes that are comforting and cozy. Everything I look at gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside that goes with foods that are neither to fancy nor too "blah". Foods that make you want to sink in and enjoy your surroundings as much as what's been placed before you. Feel good foods, that's what I'm trying to get at! The other thing I love is that she photographs each step of the cooking process. God how I love seeing how each step should look so that I can get an idea if I'm preparing her recipe properly.

All in all, this is a site for everyone. Great stories, gorgeous pictures, fantabulous recipes, informative restaurant critiques, a guest post by her boyfriend (hysterical) and eleventy zillion ways to be inspired in your own kitchen. Kids, add Je Mange la Ville to your blogroll immediately, if not sooner. =)

xoxo

Labels:

Comments on "Blog of the Week October 29, 2006"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/29/2006 4:47 PM) : 

Yay! A new blog to read.

 

Blogger Dolores said ... (10/31/2006 1:01 AM) : 

Thank you for introducing us to Michelle. Ten minutes of surfing and I can tell I'm going to enjoy her recipes and her 'voice.'

 

Blogger Lis said ... (10/31/2006 6:28 AM) : 

peabody - I know, I love finding new blogs :D

curious - It's my pleasure, I'm glad you like her site :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/31/2006 10:38 AM) : 

Awww, wow, thank you so much...

And, I believe I have found a new blog to read as well! :)

 

Blogger LadyConcierge said ... (4/15/2008 3:42 PM) : 

Je Mange la Ville is awesome, and indeed the first blog I read "cover to cover". She inspired me to start my own, in fact.

 

post a comment