Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Gattina's Bread Nugat Pt. II

Ha.. it's "later next week" already! Ohh yes.. I made this again just last night - actually just a few hours ago. I woke up shortly after going to bed with a most delightful coughing fit and couldn't go back to sleep. I caught up on some e-mail, and could barely keep my eyes open so I decided to go back to bed about an hour later. I gathered my furry kids and off we went. I jumped in bed looking sooooo forward to getting at least a few more hours all snuggled up with the cutest pooches in alla world. Until I made full body contact with the bed. It was wet. Not just damp but soaking f*cking wet. I did not witness the act, but by the amount of wet and the size of wet puddle, I have to conclude that Chloe decided to empty her bladder in my bed. I was amazed, confused and more than a little angry. I also had wondered why she was cowering by the door instead of hopping right up like Nigel did.. that was another clue as to who left their mom a present.

She did this one other time when she was a wee lil pup, and I chocked it up to her not having full control over her bladder yet because it was ON my bed and not on the floor by my bed. Well she's got full freakin' control of her bladder now and hasn't messed in this house for years. I don't get it. Was she mad at me for some reason? I let them both out when I got up.. she has fresh water and food and we spent time cuddlin' on the couch before I decided to check e-mail. The hell??

While she cowered behind the sofa (seriously? I barely even yelled at her because of the time - didn't want the neighbors to hear me screaming heee!) showing me her guilt, I spent the next couple hours trying to dry the mattress, febreezing, and washing sheets. Gah. After it was all cleaned up I still couldn't sleep so what does a bone-weary gal do? She decides to bake, of course!

This time these rolls turned out perfectly. And oh yeah, I couldn't resist tasting shortly after they came outta the oven.. Hubbs and I thought the first batch was outstanding even if a lil dark - but these were even better. Makes sense, eh? hehe Too bad Hubbs is away for the weekend at an Ohio State game.. there might not be any left when he gets home. :D

Perfectly baked Bread Nugat


Slice of Perfectly baked Bread Nugat =)
Ooey and gooey even if outta focus :P
Gattina's Bread Nugat

Makes one 8" round pan

1 can Pillsbury plain or butter flavored biscuits
1/2 cup sugar, divided
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 TBS. butter
1/8 c. light or dark brown sugar
1/3 c. evaporated milk

1. Pre-heat oven to 350ยบ F. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon, set side.
2. Grease an 8" cake pan, cut each biscuit into four pieces, coat each piece with the sugar mixture, place in the pan.
3. In a small pot, heat the evaporate milk, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar and butter to boiling, immediately pour it over to the bread pieces.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Gattina's Bread Nugat Pt. II"

 

Blogger Callipygia said ... (9/23/2006 2:03 PM) : 

Lis, this looks dangerous. I am not sure which version I like better. Definitely looks like something I have to try.

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (9/23/2006 7:02 PM) : 

WHY HELLO my gorgeous lady!

that is one good lookin' bread nugat. I will have to make it soon. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/24/2006 5:13 PM) : 

Boy do I have some catch-up reading to do! Sorry to hear about the accident. That can't be a pleasant think to come across just as your settling in.

But I must say the baking is amazing!

 

Blogger Gattina Cheung said ... (9/26/2006 5:34 PM) : 

Chloe, you have to be a good girl, don't mad your mom, she may bake you some doggie biscuits next times huh?! *wink*
Liz, your bread is amasing!

 

post a comment