Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Monday, July 17, 2006

Between the giggling...

We did have some fabulous food at our little slumber party and we did manage to nosh on it all night in between fits of giggles.

For the munchy portion of the evening, I made a tapenade with toasted garlic baguette along with a veggie platter. Mindy brought this most amazing Key Lime Cheese Ball that she served with cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips. Her cheese ball was made from a mix bought from a Tastefully Simple party that she attended recently. I've been to these parties before and bought some good items - but more not so good items. So I wasn't too jacked about this cheese ball.. that is until I tasted it. Wow! This is a great item to try if you know someone who is a Tastefully Simple representative. (also, they have a website where you can order products as well). It's a sweet cheese ball and is terrific served with the above mentioned tortilla chips or on graham crackers. Mindy said you can also pour the mixture into a pie shell for a quick and easy key lime cheesecake pie. Hmm.. sound familiar? And I spent all that time squeezing limes. Sheesh!

For dinner, we made a Paella. I didn't have an exact recipe. I read a few different recipes for the dish, but couldn't decide on which one I wanted to make - so I just winged it. It ended up being delicious and something that I hope I can recreate again. I'll post about it a little later as I'm running out of time this morning. Ugh.. back to the dungeon today. Vacation is over. *sob*

Tapenade
Tapenade

c. pitted kalamata olives
2 cloves garlic
1 TBS. capers, drained
5-7 sun-dried tomatoes
2 TBS. fresh parsley
2 anchovy fillets
olive oil

In a food processor, chop all ingredients finely, drizzling olive oil through top of processor until you get a paste like consistency. Do not process excessively, or you will get a puree like consistency. You want to be able to see bits of all ingredients.

Spread on toasted baguette slices that have been rubbed with garlic or simply buttered. Also good on crackers.. or hell, even by the spoonful. :D

*Note: You'll notice the bowl doesn't look very full.. this would be because I almost forgot to take a picture - after we tore into it. I blame the Mojitos.

Labels:

Comments on "Between the giggling..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/17/2006 4:03 PM) : 

Oh yummy yummy yummy ... gimme gimme gimme ... I want some!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (7/18/2006 4:03 AM) : 

It was yummy.. I'm glad I remembered to take a picture when I did as it was gone in a flash. heheee

 

Blogger À LA GRAHAM said ... (2/05/2010 12:39 AM) : 

Thanks for the recipe...LOVE IT! Bought the ingredients today and going to make it tomorrow!

 

post a comment