Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Crab Salad

Just a quickie post this morning.. as I need to get to the dungeon early for a bid due by 8 a.m. Ugh.. right after a holiday weekend too.. sheesh.

Yesterday was beautiful and perfect for cooking out. My mom and cousins came over for a simple barbeque of hamburgs and hot dogs. The whole issue was a relaxing day for everyone with the focus on the kids and not on the cooking, which was kinda nice. One of the very first get togethers at my humble abode where I didn't spend 3 days cooking.

Although it's me.. and yanno me.. I hadda find something to make to munch on before we fired up the grill. I went with Laura Rebecca's Crab Salad served on toasted English muffins. This was delicious and just screamed summer. The lemon zest and juice really perked up the flavor of the crab and veggies and the crispedy english muffin base was something I'd never thought of serving crab salad on before - it was wonderful. :D

Crab Salad
Laura Rebecca's Crab Salad

4 oz. crabmeat, picked over
1 TBS. finely chopped scallions
1 TBS. finely chopped bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
1 TBS. finely chopped celery
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1 to 2 TBS. mayo
Salt & Pepper
1 English Muffin, split, toasted and lightly buttered
1 Bibb lettuce leaf, torn in half

In a medium bowl, combine crab, scallions, pepper, celery, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add mayo, mixing to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Top each English Muffin half with half a Bibb lettuce leaf. Place spoonfuls of crab salad on top of each muffin half, garnishing with a bit of lemon zest or pepper slice. Serve with wedge of lemon.

*Note: I topped the salad with a lil Gruyere cheese and broiled it just long enough to melt the cheese. Then I cut each muffin in quarters and served as little appetizers.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Crab Salad"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/30/2006 9:03 PM) : 

Looks so very good!

 

Blogger Ed Tep said ... (5/31/2006 2:34 AM) : 

Lis - That sounds so good. I SOOO wish I wasn't allergic to crab.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/31/2006 6:35 AM) : 

Emily - ohh they were =)

Ed - Welcome! I wish you weren't allergic to crab either.. I don't wish that allergy on anyone! =( Thanks for stopping by :D

 

post a comment