Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Blog of the Week May 28, 2006

One of the very first e-mails from a fellow blogger that I received shortly after opening my lil blog was from a gal named Tania. It was the nicest e-mail, welcoming me into the food blogging world. I immediately checked out her blog and was hooked that very minute. Not because she was so nice to introduce herself to me, but because she takes such a great pleasure in her cooking.. it's so obvious. The Candied Quince is a fabulous story-telling blog. Her creations make my mouth water and her stories make me laugh, inspire me and teach me things I did not know.

She talks to us as if she's known us forever.. and she isn't afraid to share personal tidbits from her life, which I love to read about. I find her stories of tormenting her sister, "Grammar Queen", hysterical and can relate as I have two younger sisters of my own who did their best to drive me insane while growing up. =) Of course I did my bit to drive them slightly batty as well.. what older sister wouldn't take great pride in a little terrorizing of her sisters?

Her instructions and tips from what she's learned in the kitchen are things that every cook can benefit from and Tania cooks real food that anyone can re-create or be inspired from to put their own spin on. If her beautiful pictures and yummy recipes don't hook you from the start, her warmness and charm will. Check out The Candied Quince and you'll see what I mean. :D

Labels:

Comments on "Blog of the Week May 28, 2006"

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (5/28/2006 1:10 PM) : 

Thanks for the blog tip--it looks like fun and informative reading. Hope you and Chloe and Nigel are enjoying the weekend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/28/2006 5:23 PM) : 

Ooer, great blog of the week! But must tear myself away from reading Ms. Quince else I'll be late for uni!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/29/2006 6:47 AM) : 

Thanks Kevin.. same to you! BTW, you've been crackin me the hell up with your comments on LR's blog.. thanks for the tip regarding the Amateur Gourmet's marshmallow making, I was rollin'! :D

Ellie - eek! I've been late for work because of getting lost in a blog, so I know where you're comin' from! teeee! She really does have a great blog, I love it :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/29/2006 11:45 AM) : 

Lis,

Oh wow, what a lovely surprise to find my little blog mentioned on your site! Your comments are so sweet. Thank you for making my day!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/29/2006 10:48 PM) : 

awwww my absolute pleasure, Tania! Thanks for a great blog :D

 

post a comment